- To plan, design and create a quality video game(s).
- Scratch - on the desktop (download)
- Gamemaker - on the desktop (download)
- Sploder (streamed)
- Platinum Arts Sandbox
- Alice - on the desktop (download)
- Ruby for Kids
- RPG Maker
- Turbu - RPG
- Read article, "Game Design for Dummies" This is NOT a commentary.")
- Preview software for which would work best for your game idea.
- Preview games . .
- What makes these games engaging? What is the hook factor?
- What is the goal/objective?
Email me, email@example.com
- A list of brainstormed game ideas
- The software you are thinking about using
- Start story boarding your game . . .Paper is in the back by the printer.
- What is the general goal?
- Who are the main characters? Bad guys? Good guys?
- What is the setting? Will it change?
- How many lives, levels, etc. will there be? Health?
- Will you have reward objects - extra lives, points, etc.
- How will the characters advance through the game? Get from level to level, room to room, world to world?
- Remember the "Angry Bird" rule . . . Keep it simple and so easy that you can pick it up and play it without a lot of explanation.
- When your story board is finished, conference with Mrs. Larson.
- Begin learning, exploring the software you will use to create your game.
- Drop Box (Gamemaker)
- In software tutorials
- Start simple - learn the software, then create your game. You will be a lot less frustrated.