1) Use only two color stencil style artwork
2) Use software from http://www.pancakebot.
3) For each darkness of batter include two straight lines on the left side of the griddle. These act as purge lines to allow batter to flow clearly before attempting the pancake. These also allow pressure adjustment to get the correct thickness of dispense line
1) I followed their suggested recipe from their book but instead of using 1 cup of flour, I used 1 1/4 cup. If the batter will not dispense at the highest pressure setting, return the batch and add milk 1 Tbsp at a time.
1) Turn griddle on 2/3 between medium and high settings
2) Let it warm up
3) Turn on computer controller
4) Connect batter bottle to the vacuum tube (keeping the tip cover on ) until ready to start dispense
There are more tips and tricks for the software, but it is generally intuitive.